Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'm Getting Married!




















One little disclaimer here: No, I didn't get engaged on Valentine's Day (like 57,000,000 other people in the world). It happened a couple weeks ago, but I'm only now getting a chance to write a little something on it.

It happened January 27, 2009 but hasn't felt quite real until I finally got my engagement ring back on Feb. 13th (nice timing Jewelry Store). All of the congratulations up intil now have been nice, but now I can actually show off the ring, which is gorgeous. The story is great to tell on it's own (walk on the beach, the rainbow, etc.) but the ring makes an impact.

The wedding will be sometime in Spring 2010 (April or May). Lost of planning to do before then.

For now, however, I should get back to the work I'm supposed to be doing now. My "justify your existence to the department" presentation is tomorrow morning and I still need to do some work. Surprisingly, I'm doing fine with my data, but stumbling through my introduction material. Who knew it would suddenly be hard for me to talk about obesity and the same silly diagram I have used in every presentation for the past 3 years?

No comments: